Tel Chiha History and Background
Established in 1906 and inaugurated in 1949, Tel Chiha was born out of a dream long envisioned by the Greek Melkite Archbishop and the people of Zahleh: a dream that would see a medical center of reference emerge from the Bekaa plains; an establishment that the people of Zahleh, along with the inhabitants of the entire region, truly needed, and still need today.
Historically our donors, both residents and emigrants to the region, always reacted spontaneously, showing great generosity in helping the project come to light. Thus, Tel Chiha became the embodiment of the conjoined efforts of the community. Born out of this collective generosity, our hospital is a nonprofit establishment with one guiding aim: to provide the finest of care for our patients.
Our mission today is aimed at allowing Tel Chiha to regain the glory of its early years and to restore its position as a medical beacon by staying up to date with modern technology, medical developments and the evolution of hospital services.
Our wish, along with that of our patients is to be able to have, in our region a hospital-even a university hospital-of the highest caliber. Our wish also means that the patients in this region and their families would also be spared the additional hardship of having to seek medical attention in Beirut hospitals.
For more information on Tel Chiha Hospital please visit www.telchiha.com
Sponsored by His Excellency Most. Rev. Bishop Darwish and Mrs. Leila Solh, Tel Chiha Hospital celebrated the opening of the renovated ICU in December 2014, with the presence of many important political and social persons of the region.
The intensive care unit of Tel chiha hospital is the most innovative in the Bekaa Valley.